THE ROAD MAP
Written feedback on your story + writing habits
• Questionnaire to uncover your goals, motives, and development.
•2-3 page brief with feedback on your writing style and a game plan for strengthening the focus, characters, development, and voice of your short story.
• Comments in the margin of your story to provide specific examples of characters, language, or narrative that can be strengthened.
THE LINE EDIT
Written feedback on your story + a line edit
- All Road Map features (questionnaire, 2-3 page brief, and comments in the margin of your story)
- Once you've reworked your story, send it back to us for a line edit and we'll smooth the flow, pacing, and polish of your story. Line edits are done using Track Changes in Word. Line edits may:
- Trim words or sentences that are superfluous
- Tighten dialogue to create fuller and more realistic characters
- Point out tonal shifts in narrative
- Add words to clarify your meaning
- Suggest changes to improve descriptive language
Three rounds of edits + two conferences + assigned readings
- All Road Map features
- A second round of feedback to measure additional improvements.
- Line edit to trim, tighten, clarify, and establish rhythm.
- 2 video conferences
- Assigned readings that are exemplary of your writing style.
- A written guide to finding and fixing your most common mistakes, custom for each writer.
- Answer all your writing-related questions, including advice on where to submit your short story.
On the Fence?
Still unsure which level of editing makes the most sense for you?
Schedule a quick call with us so we can learn more about you.